As promised, the workload is starting to ramp up, and also the responsibility of us students to make sure that we are heading in the right direction with our assignments and managing our workload effectively. I am currently feeling a bit concerned with the research needed for the A3 Website plan and how to present it, as there is a total word count of only 1000 words. I intend to make a table of aims for the competitive analysis and the website goals and have a tick-list in order to save words.
The Christmas e-card design project has been an interesting sideline to the assignment work and I have really enjoyed getting to understand the way in which Photoshop uses layers, and how these can interact. I had a fair amount of advice from other students but quickly learnt that their are several ways to achieve the same affect. I spent quite a lot of time on it considering how much other assignment work needs doing. I had some trouble uploading the finished work onto my website but found it to be a useful exercise in itself as it was the first time I have used File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
The A4 assignment is also well under way, and there will be a font test next week which will include all aspects of layout and elements of a font, as well as the ability to distinguish certain fonts. This will require quite a lot of revision and will probably add a certain amount of stress to the assignment, but I'm sure it will encourage people to read up on the subject!