Thursday 2 April 2009

Almost There...

There's been a lot of project work carried out since my last journal entry, and a lot of learning. This includes creating my first web page in XHTML and CSS for my A5 Builder assignment, following the web design goals set out in the A3 assignment.

I enjoyed the learning process of coding, although I did require a lot of help in getting it finished. I'm feeling more confident for the next coding project in the A7 assignment and will attempt to complete as much of it as possible on my own. I was quite pleased with a pass for this assignment but hope to achieve better results for future coding projects.

I have also completed the A6 assignment which was based mainly on digital imaging manipulation using Photoshop. I have mixed feelings about my overall performance in this assignment: Pleased with my sketchbook work, but a bit disappointed with the final outcome of my web design for the Magic Circle.

I experienced a steep learning curve using Photoshop to create my web design and feel that with a little more practice and experience I could have made something a lot more finished and cleaner looking. However I am confident that I have learnt a lot from this project and think I am on the right track. I am please to know that my initial sketch work is to a good standard and realise that this is one of the most important aspects of creative design work.

The technical knowledge I need to transform my ideas into digital work is just a matter of perseverance, and the current A7 assignment should help me to get a step further..

No comments: